Viticulture in Dirmstein has a long history and was first mentioned in documents already 867. Viticulture on the Jesuit is known since 1803. The wine and Sektgut in its current form was founded in 1986 by Andrea and Klaus Schneider. From small beginnings, the Jesuit has steadily developed into a known address for characterful, straightforward and varietal red and white wines, with increasing success, as documented by many awards. Meanwhile supports wineries couple in his work by his son Maurice, after his education completed his studies with the Palatinate winegrowing top winemakers at the Fachhochschule Geisenheim.
The Jesuit is harmoniously situated in the historic townscape Dirmstein. The farmstead is a former Jesuit monastery with several listed building buildings. The property includes the Quadt’sche castle, inhabited by Uli Schneider with his family. He manages the agricultural part of the operation.
The family cultivates 20 hectares of vineyards, including the located exclusively in family owned single location Jesuit garden. Special emphasis is placed on environmentally friendly and sustainable farming and gentle removal methods. Modern process engineering is used specifically and exclusively serves the basic security of income and especially the quality. So is dispensed increasingly for quality reasons on the mechanical grape harvesting. The majority of the harvest is read again by hand. This favors the production of high quality wines.